Berries are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals, which may help protect us from the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain types of cancer.
Poppy Seed Chicken Blueberry Salad with Almonds
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper pepper
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 ounces of spring mix lettuce
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1 ounce red onions, julienne sliced
- 4 ounce carrots, julienne sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss chicken with lemon juice, poppy seeds, salt, pepper and oil. Place chicken on a roasting pan and bake until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 15 minutes. Chill.
- Mix lettuce, carrots, onion and blueberries. For each salad, place 4 cups of vegetables in a bowl. Place a quarter of the chicken pieces and a tablespoon of almonds on top. Serve with 2 tablespoons of dressing.