Try this recipe for a healthy twist to satisfy your pizza cravings.
Pizza Muffins (Recipe)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Sal & Judy’s Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 cups Sal & Judy’s Heart Smart Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12-cup mini-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan, artichoke hearts and spinach; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.