This pecan-crusted catfish recipe is a perfect Lenten meal that can be enjoyed throughout the year!
Pecan-Crusted Catfish Recipe (Recipe)
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1 dash table salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup pecans, halved
- 1 extra large raw whole egg
- 1/2 tablespoon fat free milk
- 6 fillet catfish
- 1 tablespoon pecan oil
- In a food processor add brown rice flour, salt, pepper, and pecans. Process until finely ground. Transfer the flour mixture to a large bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Dip the fish filets in the egg mixture first, then the flour mixture.
- Add pecan oil to a large sauté pan. Place the catfish filets in a pan and cook for 2- 2 1/2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove filets from a pan and place on a baking rack while other filets cook.
- Top with any remaining chopped pecans.