Louisiana Seafood “Boil” Bake (Recipe)
A recipe that can give you the flavor of traditional seafood boil without all the sodium.
- 1 pound shrimp and/or crawfish tails
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Sal & Judy’s Creole Seasoning, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Nitrite|Nitrate free chicken sausages
- 6 half-ears of corn
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 bell pepper, chopped*
- lemon & rosemary for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a small baking sheet, layer with foil and then spread out the shrimp into an even single layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning, and black pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Bake the corn, sausage mixture for 20 minutes and then add the shrimp to the oven. Allow both to cook together in the oven for 10 minutes.
- * I used a handful mini sweet peppers as they are always on hand for me as a snack, but I also love the tri-colors and the appeal that adds to this dish.
The nutritional information for 6 servings is 210 calories, 10 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 680 milligrams sodium, 11 grams carbohydates, 3 grams fiber, 5 grams sugar, 17 grams protein.