High-Calorie Strawberry & Avocado Smoothie
If you have health conditions, like cancer, HIV, AIDS or malnutrition it may be important for you to consume a higher calorie diet to support your immune system and overall health. Smoothies can be a great way to get high-quality, nutritionally dense, calories into your body.
Most people think of avocados as a savory food, but they are a great addition to your smoothie. Avocados are full of heart-healthy fats as wall as fiber, vitamin K, Magnesium, vitamin C and Iron. They can also help make smoothies smooth and creamy.
- 1½ cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- ¼ avocados
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pour milk into your blender first, then add yogurt and your remaining ingredients.
- Add ice cubes for texture and blend until smooth.