Guilt-Free Raspberry Supreme Ice Cream (Recipe)
Check out this completely vegan, dairy-free and soy-free recipe for Raspberry Supreme ice cream.
With summer officially here, what better way to cool off then with a creamy scoop of ice cream in a crunchy sugar cone? If you’re watching your waistline though, that scoop of yumminess may only look like a filling of unwanted calories and fat. Plus, if you’re lactose intolerant, that ice cream may just look like a scoop of torture.
However, with just a few simple ingredient substitutes, you can easily turn that evil temptation into your new favorite summertime indulgence! In one of our recent “Get The Skinny” segments, we offer a recipe for Raspberry Supreme ice cream – completely vegan, guilt-free, dairy-free and soy-free!
Per serving: 200 calories, 16 grams fat, 12 grams saturated fat (all plant-based fats), 310 mg sodium, 30 grams carbohydrate (7.5 grams net carbs), 2.5 grams fiber, 7 grams sugar, 2 grams protein
Recipe developed and prepared by Ben McLauchlin of Swerve Sweetener
For more details on this topic, watch Molly’s full “Get The Skinny” segment on WGNO New Orleans.
- 1 13.5-ounce can (about 1 3/4 cup) coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 14-ounce can (about 1 3/4 cup) coconut cream, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Scotch, bourbon, or Irish whiskey (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or thawed-frozen
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, coconut cream, maple syrup and Swerve. Cook over medium/medium high heat, stirring frequently until mixture comes to a simmer; be careful to not let it boil.
- Transfer mixture to blender, cover very tightly, and blend for 30 seconds. Pour into an airtight container and stir in vanilla extract and whiskey, then add salt to taste.
- Cover mixture and chill in refrigerator until it is very cold (at least 45°F, about 4 hours).
- Turn on the Cuisinart/ice cream maker and pour the mixture into it, and follow manufacturer instructions. Churn for 25 minutes. Add the raspberries to the ice cream in the last 5 minutes of churning. Stop the machine after 25 minutes, and mixture will be soft and creamy, like soft serve.
- Place the ice cream into an air-tight and freezer-safe container and let set for several hours.