Eat Fit Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Louisiana Strawberry Salsa
Molly Kimball has teamed up with Chef Blaine Guillot of St. Charles Parish Hospital to create this healthful and delicious recipe just in time for Cinco de Mayo.
- Strawberry Salsa
- 1 pint Louisiana Fresh Strawberries
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and seeds removed finely diced
- 1/2 cup of small red onion finely diced
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh Louisiana honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 lb fresh Louisiana Shrimp 16-20 per lb
- 4 6 inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- For the salsa, toss all ingredients together until combined. Let sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours to develop flavors.
- For the shrimp, mix the olive oil, chili powder, salt, paprika, and shrimp in a bowl.
- Spray the grill with a non-flammable cooking spray.
- Place shrimp on grill and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes per side depending on the size.
- Grill the tortillas and placed shrimp and salsa on tortilla.
- Top with fresh lime juice and enjoy.
Per serving: 320 calories, 10 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 755 mg sodium, 35 grams carbohydrates, 13 grams fiber, 9 grams sugar, 28 grams protein.