Creole Tomato Salad (Recipe)
With warmer weather comes a plentiful harvest of tomatoes. Tomatoes are a versatile fruit, yes, they are really a fruit not a vegetable, that can be used in a variety of salad recipes. Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamins C and K.
Where Nutritious Meets Delicious
Fat5 grams fat
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time0 minutes
- 4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 vidalia or red onion thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh green onions
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Place vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in a bowl, add slowly whisk in olive oil then add black pepper and salt.
- Mix tomatoes, onion, salt, basil, green onions, tarragon, and parsley, in a separate bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours for flavors to develop.