Corn and Peach Summertime Salsa
Start your summer barbeques off with the perfect appetizer: Corn and Peach Salsa! These two summer flavors combine effortlessly with fresh ingredients to create a tasty starter. Try not to eat it all in one sitting so you still have room for dinner.
- 3 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 large ear sweet white corn, raw
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 dash table salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 raw medium tomatillos
- 1 large raw red bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 green chili pepper
- 5 green onions
- Steam corn for 2 minutes. (If corn is very fresh, do not steam.) Cut kernels from the cob.
- In a medium-sized non-reactive bowl, combine corn with all remaining ingredients; toss to mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let flavors blend. Bring to room temperature before serving.