Cajun Shrimp + Whole Wheat Pasta Bake (Recipe)
This light and healthful shrimp dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed & dried
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Sal & Judy’s Creole Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 25-ounce jar Sal & Judy's Heart Smart Sauce
- Cook the pasta according to half of the package instructions. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil and Earth Balance to medium heat. Sear the shrimp quickly, add the garlic and season with the red pepper flakes, Sal & Judy seasoning, and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, take two large sheets of aluminum foil and make two boats in the bottom of a large baking dish (these will each hold half of the pasta, shrimp, and sauce).
- Add the drained pasta to the foil boats. Top with the sauce and then add the shrimp mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until everything is completely warmed and cooked through. Serve right out of the foil boats.
Per Serving: 385 calories, 7 grams fat, 1 grams saturated fat, 337 milligrams sodium, 49 grams carbohydrates, 10 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar, 32 grams protein