Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
A sweet twist on an old favorite, oats are naturally low glycemic carbohydrates. We love this paired with a source of protein and/or fat: think Greek yogurt, nut butter or an egg cooked your favorite way.
View this recipe tutorial on YouTube.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/6 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Add all ingredients to blender (except coconut oil) and blend until smooth. Place the coconut oil into skillet over medium heat.
- Measure 1/3 cup of batter per pancake and cook 2-3 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Plate with desired toppings.
Per Serving: 210 calories, 5 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 37 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 9 grams sugar (0 added sugar), 6 grams protein.