Trader Joe’s Tortillas and Wraps: Our Top 5 Picks
Tortillas and wraps make it super convenient to have a healthy meal or snack anytime. They’re portable, won’t get soggy like a sandwich and they’re also easy to pack for travel. They’re also incredibly versatile. With tortillas, you can make:
- Burritos, tacos, wraps, quesadillas – of course.
- Pinwheels: Roll your tortilla with any combo of veggies, spreads, cheeses, lean meats and more. Then, slice into pinwheels
- Sweet treat: Layer with Swerve-sweetened cream cheese dip and sliced fresh fruit or spread with a bit of nut butter, a little drizzle of honey and sliced bananas.
Here are five Trader Joe’s tortillas and wraps that you can feel good about.
Trader Joe’s Jicama Taco-Style Wraps | Gluten-free, low carb, vegan
- Crunchy texture, a cross between an apple and a water chestnut, with a mild, neutral flavor
- [2 wraps]: 15 calories, 0 sodium, 3 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 0 protein
- Ingredients: Jicama
Folios Parmesan Cheese Wraps | Gluten-free, low carb, lactose free
- Crisp them up in the oven, tuck them into a bowl and top with your favorite lean proteins, veggies and salads
- 180 calories, 390 milligrams sodium, 1 gram carb, 0 fiber, 13 grams protein
- Ingredients: Parmesan cheese (pasteurized cow’s milk, salt, enzymes)
Trader Joe’s Egg Wraps | Gluten-free, low carb, lactose free
- Crepe-like texture, mild flavor, flexible and versatile
- 30 calories, 140 milligrams sodium, less than 1 gram carb, 0 fiber, 4 grams protein
- Ingredients include: egg whites, eggs, GF flour blend (brown rice, sorghum, millet flours, potato starch…)
Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Crust | Gluten-free, low carb
- Technically it’s a pizza crust, also works well for a wrap – toast it up in air fryer or oven. Also available in smaller taco-style size.
- 120 calories, 260 mg sodium, 4 grams carb, 1 gram fiber, 10 grams protein
- Ingredients include shredded cauliflower, eggs, parmesan, deactivated yeast, garlic, basil, oregano
Trader Joe’s Carb Savvy Tortillas made with Whole Wheat
- 45 calories, 140 mg sodium, 9 grams carbs, 5 grams fiber (4 grams net carbs), 0 sugar, 4 grams protein
- Ingredients include whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, wheat fiber, oat fiber
To schedule a nutrition consult, whether virtually or in-person, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 985-898-7050.
Editor’s note: Registered Dietitian Molly Kimball offers brand-name products as a consumer guide; she does not solicit product samples nor is she paid to recommend items. A version of this article originally appeared on WGNO’s “FUELED Wellness + Nutrition.