Problem: Your toddler is up with an earache at 1 a.m. She can’t sleep and a trip to the ER seems extreme. Still, she needs ear drops now. The 24-hour pharmacy is open but your pediatrician’s office isn’t. What’s a parent to do?
Solution: Download the Ochsner Anywhere Care app from the App Store or Google Play store and start a secure video chat with a licensed provider you can trust. You’ll be on your way to the pharmacy in no time.
Tired of having to miss work to get treated for a chronic condition or a minor ailment like a cold or sinus infection? Well, those days are over. Many hospitals including Ochsner are now offering online doctor visits. The newest take on “house calls” can now be made over your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Do you have an illness or condition that doesn’t warrant a trip to urgent care or the ER? Do you lack transportation? Live in an area without access to medical services? Are you traveling and need a prescription refilled? Ochsner Anywhere Care is the answer.
Why go to a waiting room when you can see a doc from your living room? Visit ochsner.org/anywherecare to schedule an appointment now.
Thinking of scheduling an online visit? Here are 10 things you need to know about Ochsner Anywhere Care.
- You may see a provider face-to-face without ever leaving home or work.
- This convenient service is available 24/7 – 365 days a year, rain or shine.
- Wait times for Anywhere Care appointments are less than 10 minutes on average.
- You can be treated for a number of common conditions and minor ailments. For a list of conditions that Ochsner Anywhere Care treats, click here.
- It’s easy to use! Simply download the free Ochsner Anywhere Care App or visit ochsner.org/anywherecare. If you’ve never used Skype or FaceTime before, our team can help walk you through the process.
- Anywhere Care providers are licensed physicians and APPs that you can trust with the healthcare of your loved ones.
- The service is private and secure.
- Ochsner Anywhere Care costs $49 per visit and should be paid upfront with a credit or debit card. There are no hidden monthly or annual fees. You may be able to submit the cost to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Anywhere Care visits should not replace regular check-ups with your primary care physician.
- Your regular Ochsner providers can access your Anywhere Care records, allowing for high-quality follow-up care should you need it.
To take advantage of Anywhere Care, you must be 18 or older or have a parent or guardian with you.