Scheduling Cardiology Appointments Post Hurricanes
Ochsner Cardiology is dedicated to protecting our community post any natural disaster. We have a few upcoming changes to our clinic appointments and hospital procedures due to the recent hurricane. We want to continue to serve our patients during these uncertain times.
With safety and screening measures in place, we are rescheduling clinic appointments and procedures that were postponed by the hurricane. We recommend you do not delay your care.
Your comfort and safety are our top priority. The following are the measures to keep you well.
- Providing masks for all patients and providers
- Organizing our locations to allow for social distancing by spacing our waiting room chairs by 6 feet and adding social distancing stickers and signage to keep patients and employees safe
- Adding additional hand sanitizer stations
- Cleaning and sanitizing all public areas even more often than before
- With these measures in place, along with guidance from local and state officials, we are confident in our ability to safely provide you care at our clinic locations.
We have added virtual visit offerings for some appointments and are continuing to offer this option to patients who would prefer to see their provider virtually.
During a virtual visit, you and your provider will meet using video on a phone, iPad or tablet. Your provider can answer any questions you have, address your healthcare needs and adjust your medications, if needed.
We recommend scheduling your previously postponed appointment now. To book an in-person appointment or to schedule a virtual visit, please call 504-842-4135 or message your provider using MyOchsner.
You’ll need the following to complete a virtual visit:
- An iPhone, iPad, or Android device
- A MyOchsner account. To sign up for an account visit MyOchsner.org
- The MyChart app downloaded to your device prior to your visit.
To download the MyChart app, visit the app store and search for MyChart. Follow the instructions to login or sign up for an account. For technical issues, contact MyOchsner support at 877-339-2637.
To learn more about the Ochsner Heart & Vascular Institute, please visit: https://www.ochsner.org/servic...