Life during and after COVID-19 looks much different than it did prior to the pandemic. There are many uncertainties, questions and often many concerns, leading to an increase in stress, anxiety, fear, panic and worry. Life looks different than it did a few months ago, but life must go on, and life can go on.
Whether you were diagnosed with COVID-19, or you were finally able to have knee surgery that had been postponed or are simply wanting to continue therapy that you were previously receiving, we are here for you! In many ways, this new normal may be more challenging, but Ochsner Therapy and Wellness is here to provide the care that you need and were receiving prior to this crisis.
“Why should I come to therapy when I should be staying home?”
It is entirely understandable and valid to feel hesitant, fearful and unsure about coming to therapy. Staying home and being immobile can in fact be more detrimental to your health. When we avoid activities, our bodies become de-conditioned, leading to decreased strength, endurance and in some cases, pain.
“If I decide to come to therapy, what does that look like?”
Depending on your needs you will be working with a physical therapist, occupational therapist, and/or a speech pathologist, all whom will greet you with a huge smile (behind our masks, of course!).
We want you to know and feel confident in the fact that, first and foremost, safety is our top priority! We have taken all necessary and precautionary measures to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our staff such as:
- All appointments will be scheduled one-on-one with your therapist.
- Clinic schedules have been adjusted to included expanded hours and staggered appointment times to limit the number of patients checking in and receiving therapy at any given time.
- Screening questions and temperature checks will continue upon entry into the facility.
- All patients and staff will be wearing masks, and a mask will be provided to you prior to entering if you do not have one.
- Our waiting rooms and all communal areas have all been adapted to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.
Ready to start or return?
If you have had previous therapy and are ready to return, please call the clinic number and ask to schedule an appointment. You may also send your therapist a message through MyOchsner to request an appointment. Simply search for your therapist’s name to send a message.
Has your physician recommended therapy? We have several options available to schedule an appointment:
- Our team of schedulers is calling patients to schedule at a location that’s most convenient for you.
- Online scheduling is available using MyOchsner. You may select the therapist and location that best suits your needs.
Our team at Ochsner Therapy & Wellness is ready to help you get back to living and the activities you love while taking all precautions possible to ensure a safe environment for you to receive care.
Call our scheduling team at 1-877-889-2976.
The information in this blog post is accurate at the time of publication. However, as the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to change, it's possible that information has changed since being published. While Ochsner Health is trying to keep our blog posts as up-to-date as possible, we also encourage readers to stay informed on news and recommendations by using the CDC website.