Want to skip the waiting room and wait in your car instead for your doctor’s appointment? Many Ochsner locations are now offering “ePre-Check” and mobile check-in on the MyChart app, and “curbside arrival.” Here is how to get started on these low-contact arrival options:
What are ePre-Check and Mobile Check-in on the MyChart app?
- Complete ePre-Check first! ePre-Check allows you to complete required information up to seven days before your scheduled appointment. You can also pay your copay in advance.
- Mobile check-In allows you to confirm arrival and check-in for your appointment simply by arriving at the Ochsner location (even in your car!) using geo-location on your smartphone.
What are the technical requirements for ePre-Check and mobile check-in?
- A mobile phone or tablet with iOS or Android operating system
- The MyChart app installed and Ochsner Health selected as your healthcare provider - You can find the MyChart app in the App Store (iPhone) and Google Play Store (Android)
- Enable “Location Services” on your device for the MyChart app
- Complete ePre-Check in the MyChart app before you arrive for your appointment
Here’s How to Do ePre-Check and Mobile Check-in
1. Enable location services and appointment arrival in the account settings of the MyChart mobile application.
- Open the settings on your phone and select the MyChart app.
- Under “Location,” select “Always” allow location access.
- Now, open the MyChart app on your phone, tap the three white dots in the top right corner and select “Account Settings.”
- Toggle on “Appointment Arrival.“
2. Your Location-Based Arrival Status can be viewed on the appointment details screen of the MyOchsner mobile application.
3. Begin MyOchsner Patient Registration Self-Service by completing ePre-Check via the MyOchsner website or MyOchsner mobile application. ePre-Check must be fully completed to utilize Mobile Check-In. To complete ePre-Check follow these steps or view a tutorial:
- From the “ACTIVITIES” menu, tap “Appointments”
- Under the selected appointment, tap “EPRE-CHECK”
- Complete the questionnaire
4. Upon arriving at an Ochsner facility, you will receive a push notification on your device asking you to confirm your arrival. Log in to the mobile application and select “I’m Here” once you are ready to check-in.
5. If you have fully completed ePre-Check and confirmed arrival, you are checked in for your appointment. You will receive an additional message with instructions on where to go for your appointment.
- If you did not fully complete ePre-Check, or cannot complete check-in for any reason, you will receive a message directing you to the front desk or kiosk to complete the check-in process.
What is Curbside Arrival?
Curbside arrival allows you to wait in your car after you check-in with MyChart mobile check-in or by calling a designated phone number. You will receive a text or call to come inside when it’s your turn. Here are the steps to follow when utilizing curbside arrival:
- Call upon arrival - Call the number provided at the location to let our team know you’re there. If you have already checked-in using MyChart ePre-Check and mobile check-in and received confirmation that you’ve checked in, you do not need to call.
- Wait in your car - Our staff will call or text you when your provider is ready.
- Proceed inside - After you’ve been contacted, come inside, and our staff will direct you to your exam room if you need assistance.
For MyOchsner patient support, contact us:
- By email at MyOchsner@ochsner.org
- By phone at 1-877-339-2637
The MyOchsner Patient Support Team is available Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Voicemail is available.)