Want to skip the registration desk for your doctor’s appointment? Many Ochsner locations are now offering “ePre-Check” and mobile check-in on the MyChart app, and “curbside arrival.” These options allow you to check in remotely and wait in your car or in the lobby. Here is how to get started on these low-contact arrival options:
What are ePre-Check and Mobile Check-in on the MyChart app?
- Complete ePre-Check first! ePre-Check allows you to complete required information up to seven days before your scheduled appointment. You can also pay your copay in advance.
- Mobile check-In allows you to confirm arrival and check-in for your appointment simply by arriving at the Ochsner location (even in your car!) using geo-location on your smartphone.
What are the technical requirements for ePre-Check and mobile check-in?
- A mobile phone or tablet with iOS or Android operating system
- The MyChart app installed and Ochsner Health selected as your healthcare provider - You can find the MyChart app in the App Store (iPhone) and Google Play Store (Android)
- Enable “Location Services” on your device for the MyChart app
- Complete ePre-Check in the MyChart app before you arrive for your appointment
Here’s How to Do ePre-Check and Mobile Check-in
1. Enable location services and appointment arrival in the account settings of the MyChart mobile application.
- Open the settings on your phone and select the MyChart app.
- Under “Location,” select “Always” allow location access.
- Now, open the MyChart app on your phone, tap the three white dots in the top right corner and select “Account Settings.”
- Toggle on “Appointment Arrival.“
2. Your Location-Based Arrival Status can be viewed on the appointment details screen of the MyOchsner mobile application.
3. Begin MyOchsner Patient Registration Self-Service by completing ePre-Check via the MyOchsner website or MyOchsner mobile application. ePre-Check must be fully completed to utilize Mobile Check-In. To complete ePre-Check follow these steps or view a tutorial:
- From the “ACTIVITIES” menu, tap “Appointments”
- Under the selected appointment, tap “EPRE-CHECK”
- Complete the questionnaire
4. Upon arriving at an Ochsner facility or in the parking lot, you will receive a push notification on your device asking you to confirm your arrival. Log in to the mobile application and select “I’m Here” once you are ready to check-in.
5. If you have fully completed ePre-Check and confirmed arrival, you are checked in for your appointment. You will receive an additional message with instructions on where to go for your appointment.
- If you did not fully complete ePre-Check, or cannot complete check-in for any reason, you will receive a message directing you to the front desk or kiosk to complete the check-in process.
What is Curbside Arrival?
Curbside arrival allows you to wait in your car or the lobby after you check-in with MyChart mobile check-in or by calling a designated phone number. You will receive a text or call when it’s your turn. Here are the steps to follow when utilizing curbside arrival:
- Call upon arrival - Call the number provided at the location to let our team know you’re there. If you have already checked-in using MyChart ePre-Check and mobile check-in and received confirmation that you’ve checked in, you do not need to call.
- Wait in your car or the lobby - Our staff will call or text you when your provider is ready.
- Proceed inside - After you’ve been contacted, our staff will direct you to your exam room if you need assistance
For MyOchsner patient support, contact us:
- By email at MyOchsner@ochsner.org
- By phone at 1-877-339-2637
The MyOchsner Patient Support Team is available Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Voicemail is available.)