3 Best Chocolate Options That Won't Spike Your Blood Sugar
Sweet treats that help to satisfy a chocolate craving and keep glucose levels in check? Yes, please! Studies show there can be potential nutritional benefits to consuming certain types of chocolate in moderation. But don’t run to the candy bar aisle just yet; not all chocolate bars are created equal. Here are my top three picks for chocolate that won’t spike your blood sugar, as well as the nutritional value of each option.
Three chocolate finds to try
1. Lily’s Chocolate [gluten-free and grain-free] |two grams net carbs per serving
- Varieties include milk or dark chocolate, and flavors such as peanut butter-filled and salted caramel
- Ingredients include unsweetened chocolate, inulin, erythritol, cocoa butter, stevia
- Per serving (approx. 1/3 bar): 130 calories, 11 grams fat, 17 grams carbohydrates (2 grams net carbs), 10 grams fiber, less than 1 gram sugar, 2 grams protein
2. Quest Peanut Butter Cups [gluten-free and grain-free] | one gram net carbs per two-cup serving
- Ingredients include whey protein, erythritol, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, peanuts, palm kernel oil
- Per PB cup: 100 calories, 7.5 grams fat, 6.5 grams carbohydrate (less than 1 gram net carbs), 2 grams fiber, 0 sugar, 5.5 grams protein
3. HighKey Cookies [gluten + grain free] | one gram net carb per serving
- Ingredients include almond flour, erythritol, coconut oil, butter, unsweetened chocolate, eggs, stevia, monk fruit
- Per serving (7 mini cookies): 130 calories, 12 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrate (1 gram net carb), 0 sugar, 3 grams protein
To schedule a nutrition consult, whether virtually or in-person, contact us at email@example.com or call us at 504-733-1600.