Stacked Eggs Benedict (Recipe)
Add tomato and avocado to keep your eggs benedict filling, light on calories, and nutrient-rich.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 6 100% whole wheat English muffins (or bread of choice)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices, prosciutto (if desired, can also substitute with another meat of choice, preferably nitrate/nitrite free)
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, roasted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle packed in adobo sauce, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and then crack each egg into each individual muffin cup. Bake the eggs until they are slightly firmed when you jiggle the pan, but soft enough to still have a runny yolk which should take 15-20 minutes.
- Toast the bread and prepare the veggies to assemble. Prepare the Geek yogurt-chipotle sauce by mixing the two ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Spread a tablespoon or two on the bread.
- Assemble the veggies onto the bread and top with the cooked eggs.