Neuroscience at Ochsner is dedicated to protecting our community from coronavirus (COVID-19). We have a few upcoming changes to our clinic appointments and hospital procedures due to COVID-19. We want to continue to serve our patients during these uncertain times.
With new safety and screening measures in place, we are now rescheduling clinic appointments and procedures that were postponed by COVID-19. We recommend you do not delay your care.
Your comfort and safety are our top priority. We also added new measures to help keep you well. We are:
- Providing masks and temperature checks for all patients and providers
- Organizing our locations to allow for social distancing by spacing our waiting room chairs by 6 feet and adding social distancing stickers and signage to keep patients and employees safe
- Adding additional hand sanitizer stations
- Cleaning and sanitizing all public areas even more often than before
With these measures in place, along with guidance from local and state officials, we are confident in our ability to safely provide you care at our clinic locations.
We have added new virtual visit offerings for some appointments and are continuing to offer this option to patients who would prefer to see their provider virtually.
During a virtual visit, you and your provider will meet using video on a phone, iPad or tablet. Your provider can answer any questions you have, address your healthcare needs and adjust your medications, if needed.
We recommend scheduling your previously postponed appointment now. To book an in-person appointment or to schedule a virtual visit, please call 504-842-3980 for neurology or 504-842-4033
for neurosurgery, or message your provider using MyOchsner.
You’ll need the following to complete a virtual visit:
- An iPhone, iPad, or Android device
- A MyOchsner account. To sign up for an account visit MyOchsner.org
- The MyChart app downloaded to your device prior to your visit.
- To download the MyChart app, visit the app store and search for MyChart. Follow the instructions to login or sign up for an account. For technical issues, contact MyOchsner support at 877-339-2637.
Please note, your virtual visit experience may be different than your office visit. For your virtual visit, you may see a different member of our care team. As always, our providers share your single medical record and fully understand your medical history.
No matter if you want to see your provider in person or virtually, we are able to meet your needs.
To schedule neurology appointments, call 504-842-3980. For neurosurgery, call 504-842-4033.