The Ochsner Cancer Institute is dedicated to ensuring our patients, their families and our communities receive the best care and remain safe. We have a few upcoming changes to our clinic appointments and hospital procedures due to COVID-19. We want to continue to serve our patients during these uncertain times.
Safety measures at our hospitals
Your comfort and safety are our top priority. In addition to our existing ongoing safety procedures, we’ve added new measures to help keep you well. In order to ensure a clean, safe environment for patients, here are some things you can expect at your next visit:
- Providing masks and temperature checks for all patients and providers
- Organizing our locations to allow for social distancing by spacing our waiting room chairs by 6 feet and adding social distancing stickers and signage to keep patients and employees safe
- Adding additional hand sanitizer stations
- Cleaning and sanitizing all public areas even more often than before
- Many locations now offering mobile check-in and curbside arrival. These options allow you to check in remotely and wait in your car or in the lobby
- Maintaining our current visitor policy to reduce the risk for our patients
With these measures in place, along with guidance from local and state officials, we are confident in our ability to safely provide you care at our clinic locations. We have also implemented a proactive screening policy utilizing COVID-19 testing for patients in advance of upcoming surgeries or procedures.
Virtual visit appointments
The Ochsner Cancer Institute has added new virtual visit offerings for some appointments and are continuing to offer this option to patients who would prefer to see their provider virtually. We offer video visits for new patients, those in treatment and our survivors, in addition to several remote monitoring programs for patients receiving chemotherapy.
During a virtual visit, you and your provider will meet using video on a phone, iPad or tablet. Your provider can answer any questions you have, address your healthcare needs and adjust your medications, if needed.
We recommend scheduling your previously postponed appointment now. To book an in-person appointment or to schedule a virtual visit, please call 504-842-4135 or message your provider using MyOchsner.
You’ll need the following to complete a virtual visit:
- An iPhone, iPad, or Android device
- A MyOchsner account. To sign up for an account visit MyOchsner.org
- The MyChart app downloaded to your device prior to your visit.
- To download the MyChart app, visit the app store and search for MyChart. Follow the instructions to login or sign up for an account. For technical issues, contact MyOchsner support at 877-339-2637.
Please note, your virtual visit experience may be different than your office visit. For your virtual visit, you may see a different member of our care team. As always, our providers share your single medical record and fully understand your medical history.