As a new year rolls around, we all start thinking about what our New Year’s resolutions will be. But the key to New Year’s resolutions is not just making them, but keeping them and incorporating them into your everyday life.
Here are five tips from Molly Kimball, RD to help you make resolutions that stick:
- Start small. Make small, manageable and achievable personal goals for yourself so you don’t get overwhelmed and give up on them.
- Be specific. Make detailed instead of vague resolutions that will help you to achieve them and give you a visible goal you can plan towards.
- Be accountable. Share your resolutions with friends or family so they can help you stay on track. It helps to have a buddy on your journey.
- Keep it reasonable. Set yourself up for success with realistic goals. Create milestones in your resolution goals that are realistic and attainable.
- Reward yourself. Celebrate your successes in achieving your resolutions and steps along the way.
To read Molly’s full article on Nola.com, click here.